Blueberries are on sale at Albertsons. 99 cents per pint. I bought two because I usually dip them in yogurt and freeze them for Austin. T decided to make blueberry muffins with the rest. I didn’t want to just make plain old blueberry muffins, so I added banana to the mix. It was either banana or orange.
**They came out perfect in the mini muffin tin, but are a little dense in the regular sized tin. I combined two recipes, so I may need some revisions. Any suggestions are welcome 🙂
BLUEBERRY BANANA MUFFINS
(egg & butter not pictured)
2 C. whole wheat flour (or regular)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/3 C. cane sugar
1/3 C. light brown sugar
1/3 C. melted butter (optional)
1 egg (If you’re using a *real bananas, then you don’t need an egg)
1 very ripe banana, mashed (I used Austin’s fruit pouch– banana)
1 tsp vanilla
1 C. milk
1 pint frozen blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugars
3. Stir until combined
4. Grab a separate smaller bowl and mix the wet ingredients. Start with the ripe banana (or pouch).
5. Add milk, vanilla, butter, and beaten egg.
6. Mix the wet ingredients into dry, and stir until everything is combined.
7. Gently fold in the blueberries.
8. Spoon muffin mix into muffin tins. I used one mini tin and one regular tin.
9. Put muffin tin into oven and bake for ~18 minutes.
- Mini Muffins: check after 15 minutes with a toothpick.
- Regular Muffins: check after 18 minutes (don’t cook longer than 20 minutes)
The muffins definitely look like they are bleeding blue since I used regular sized blueberries, but OH SO YUMMY! Best when served with a glass of milk. And of course, they are toddler approved. 😉